Saturday, March 03, 2007

Kristin and Tom - Rehearsal

Okay, it's taken me a long time, but I'm finally done with Kristin and Tom's wedding pictures. They got married at the beautiful First Baptist Church in Statesville, North Carolina. It was quite an adventure! First, my flight was canceled due to bad weather. Then, American Airlines lost our luggage and we had to go buy all new stuff in the case that it didn't appear before the wedding. It was delivered to us on the day of the wedding. Finally, the flight back to Texas was delayed and we missed our connection to Lubbock, and had to spend the night in Dallas without luggage again.

Lessons learned:
1. When traveling, carry on my photographing clothes and shoes. It was impossible to find a pair of comfortable dressy shoes on such short notice!

2. Always shoot RAW. The rehearsal pictures were all shot in JPEG and it was impossible to fix the colors in post-processing. That's why they look a little warm. The ceremony was all done in RAW and it was really easy to adjust the white balance.

3. Always wear pants with pockets or keep the camera bag in an accessible area. I didn't have pockets to carry my batteries or memory cards and ended up missing the garter toss.

Here are some pictures from the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. I'll put the wedding pictures in a separate post.






So apparently, the bride is not supposed to practice walking down the aisle. I had never heard of this before, but it actually makes a lot of sense to me. My practice walk was a lot more meaningful to me than the real one.







Groom's cake









No comments: